J-1 Home Residency Waiver

J-1 visa holders subject to the INA 212(e) who do not wish to comply with the two-year foreign residence requirement may apply for a waiver of the two-year foreign residence requirement. Following are the five grounds for obtaining a waiver:

  • No Objection Statement (NOS)
  • Request by an interested government agency (IGA)
  • Persecution
  • Exceptional hardship to a United States citizen (or legal permanent resident) spouse or child of an exchange visitor
  • Request by a designated State Department of Public Health or its equivalent, CONRAD.

Click here for more information